What you see above is three of the most exciting, Pinterest worthy images ever!! Since the beginning of my career (2 years ago) I have been dreaming of the moment I get to capture a proposal annndddddddd now I can share share share these beautiful snaps!
Around 4 weeks ago my brother-in-law Codey came to me to mentioned he wanted to propose. It was Codey that suggested I take the photos and he proposes in the middle of the session. Now... you can imagine my excitement!! Of course I was onto this plan like an insane animal. I was so excited only Codey had told me he wanted to propose June/July of 2019 so it meant waiting 6 months for these epic images! And then...
It was Monday the 4th Feb 2019 and I received a message from Codey. It read... "Oi what are your plans for Friday after Valentine's Day?". I knew instantly why he was asking but decided to play dumb lol. Then after a little while of throwing messages back and forth like a game at Wimbledon I finally send the diamond emoji with a question mark. Codey's reply... "yeah that". And so began the preparation. How were we both going to work together to ask Maddy to do a shoot without her being suss?
1. Text Maddy and ask her to do a styled shoot for me to build some content for my social media accounts.
2. Incorporate props and tell Maddy the props are to make the images stand out for the usual "couple shots".
3. Endlessly say sorry for making her drag Codey into another shoot leaving her thinking it really is for my social media content.
4. Suggest what I would like her to wear. Not what she should wear but what I think would suit my style of photography I am going for.
5. Do ALL the talking and make sure Codey leaves this part of the planning to me.
6. Arrive late... just to build Codey's nerves ha ha ha
7. Codey mentions he has to wee but then says "nah I'll hold it". This is when I say "no go to the bush and do a wee and I'll take some photos of Maddy's flower crown on her head". Perfect cover up for Codey sorting the ring out.
8. Take the biggest hike right to the end of the beach to wear them both out. This makes Codey calm his shit a little because he is too busy worried about not sweating through his shirt and Maddy is too busy whinging about the 500m hike along the beach!!
9. Do 2-3 Poses before telling Maddy to face her back to Codey while he comes in and hugs her from behind. Give Codey the thumbs up as Maddy looks away and wait until she turns around.
10. Success! Maddy turns around and instantly runs to Codey and takes that ring like a hawk with long claws swooping in for its prey!
You see prior to this Codey paid me a visit and we came up with this 10 step plan and it successfully worked!! The happy couple pulled off an epic proposal and its all captured for everyone to see!!
The moments you see below are raw moments that happened straight after Codey proposed and this is the whole reason I love my career!!!
So if you are guy/girl/other wanting to propose to your significant other in a way such as this... Come and hit me up with a message and I will have you covered!! This epic proposal is one to remember!!
Thanks for reading and make sure you like, comment and share !