Okay Okay Okay so you all told me you wanted some wedding day tips... So here are my wedding day tips that I always let my brides/grooms know during their engagement sessions or prior to their wedding to help them along with their day.... P.s. this is in no particular order! I am just writing these as they come to my mind.
1. “The Kiss” when you go in for the kiss make sure you don’t over think it and don't be afraid to get a little saucy! When in this moment look your partner in the eyes and just go for it! Try to kiss for a minimum 4 seconds to allow the photographers and videographers to get that winner shot and to really savour the moment! You just became married for life! So grab your now husband or wife and kiss them in a way that'll make all the hearts throb!
There you go! Thats the first tip you may think wow Demi thanks for nothing but I must say everyone is different and I have seen very quick pecks that are hard to capture!!
2. If you’re travelling a long distance for your wedding ceremony and/or reception remember to make a checklist of all the things you need to take out such as this one;
3. Your vows, Don’t try too hard to be funny unless you are genuinely a funny person but in saying that if you think you’re a really funny person chances are you may be wrong and you should try avoiding this in your vows. Be genuine! Google a few examples if you’re having trouble and elaborate them from there. Make them personal, add touches to your vows that identify your relationship together. Do you bicker like an old married couple? Do you look for ways to annoy each other? Do you try your hardest to crack a smile from your partner even though they just blew up at your partner for leaving shit skids in the toilet? Add it in!
4. Your celebrant!!! This loveable, heart-felt character that a few of your guests happen to throb over (maybe even one bridesmaid in particular) is more than just a vendor but an investment that I must stress is one of the foundations of building a vibe for a wedding! Myself, I booked Monty Haron from Holymatrimonty who is by far the best investment we had ever made! This guy knew of our love for Russell Coight from All Aussie Adventures so he turned up to our ceremony with his chinos tucked into his big brown cowboy boots and his whip!! As he cracked the whip, like Old Russ out in the bush, the ladies started to stroll down the aisle! And this my friend set the mood for the rest of the day and night!! He will forever be one of the highlights from our wedding! So when looking for a celebrant, do your research! Find a character that’s going to make every single guest remember your ceremony forever! Ours for sure did!
5. This tip can be done one of two ways... With just the two of you or your whole bridal party. We chose to do this with our bridal party!
Just after your finished getting those banging bridal photos take some time for the both of you. Before you head into the reception to be seated and once again talk to everyone but each other (which happens) take 10-15 minutes to go away from everyone, even the photographer and videographer, and talk. Savour the moment and appreciate the day with each other before heading into the reception where for the rest of the night everyone will be wanting your attention to talk, dance, take photos and have a good time with you. Have a cuddle as you look out into the distance and giggle about that one guest who kept coughing through the ceremony or that one guest who sneezed! haha
6. This was our number one rule at our wedding! We took our time with everything! There was no rushing like a headless chook and no stressing out! Now I will say the day before it was a completely different story! I was rushing to finish decorating the reception and ceremony but it all worked out with the amazing help of my trusty maid of honour Erin! But... On your day.. wake up in the morning have a mimosa and chill the f**k out. Have fun and most importantly savour every moment. Make sure you take the time to think about and appreciate every aspect of your day because while it takes forever to save for such an event and a lot of blood sweat and tears go into organising your day it is by far one of the quickest days you will ever come across! So remember chill out, don't rush and appreciate all the little things! From having your makeup and hair done, to requesting a glass refill from your maid of honour, to getting ready to walk down the aisle, to getting ready to walk into reception. Savour it all like the last spoonful of Nutella in that 1kg tub you bought last week.
And that my followers is my list of top tips for your wedding! Enjoy them, appreciate them and remember to give a like, share some love and leave a comment!
0466 265 897